We’ve been fortunate on many occasions to have our research published by the media in the press. If you’d like to stay up to date regarding our latest research projects, be entertained by stories about the research life, or get access to our informative resources, please stay in touch!
Three Minute Thesis
Biomedical Sciences student, Juhi Kumar, is Brunel’s new Three Minute Thesis (3MT) champion twice over, taking home the £500 winning prize and the £100 people’s choice prize as voted by the audience.
The internationally renowned 3MT competition challenges PhD students to present their 8,000 word thesis in three minutes and on one PowerPoint slide. After facing some tough competition from 17 finalists, Juhi’s presentation on ovarian cancer was overwhelmingly declared the winner. Juhi is now studying towards her Biomedical Sciences PhD.
Euro Cancer 2019
Presenting our latest data in liquid biopsies at the 41st Euro-Global Summit on Cancer Therapy and Radiation Oncology; July 2019, London, UK.
5th Annual Conference, September 2019, Helsinki, Finland
Delivering a presentation with title: Investigating changes in the fetal-placental unit.
Dr Karteris delivered a talk with title: Common signalling pathways between endometriosis and ovarian cancer (ESGE 2019, Thessaloniki, Greece
Our poster was shortlisted for the "Best Selected ePosters Category"
We are delighted to anounce the arrival of a new PhD student in our laboratory. Rachel Kerslake will work on the effects of novel adipokines in 3D human placental and ovarian cell models.
As a dynamic group, CBCEL has established fruitful collaborations with academics and companies in UK and abroad including:
- Dr Jay Chatterjee, Consultant Gynae-oncologist at the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Andy Polychronis, Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Professor Harpal Randeva, University of Warwick Medical School, Clinical Director WISDEM Centre - Consultant in Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Professor Nick Stone, University of Exeter
- Dr Manu Vatish, University of Oxford
- Dr Ioannis Kyrou, Aston University, Medical School
- Professor Charalambos Antoniades, University of Oxford - Professor of cardiovascular medicine
- Professor Thomas Grunt, Ludwig Boltzmann-Cluster Oncology, Medical University Vienna, Austria
- Professor George Pados, Conslutant Gynecologist, University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- TATAA Biocenter, Sweden
- UPM Biomedicals, Finland
- BJS Biotechnologies, UK